Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Image transfer workshop- Spudnik Press



Last week I took a one-night workshop at Spudnik Press that focused on image transfers. I've used various image transfer methods in the past in my own work and in courses that I've taught but I felt like I needed a refresher. Two of my colleagues from Marwen were also taking the workshop and it was so fun! I learned a couple of new techniques that I'm excited to play around with some more- like using wintergreen oil, an icy/hot stick and a blender pen to transfer laserjet images. We also talked about acrylic/gel medium transfers which I've done before. It was so nice to work in a creative space with other people! I'm so used to working alone in my studio, I want to push myself more to take courses/workshops more.

No comments: