Saturday, February 25, 2012

School beyond school

One of my favorite things about being a teaching artist is that I'm constantly learning new things. Weather it's for a class I want to teach or a project I'm working on in the studio, I'm always considering something that intrigues me that I want to know more about. Not having the built-in support of college/grad school is tough though and sometimes I feel like I'm existing in a bubble and not pushing myself enough. So in an effort to get out there a goal of mine is to take more workshops/classes around town. First on the list is a Japanese bookbinding 1-day workshop at my friend Regin's art space, North Branch Projects, where you can find lovely art supplies organized beautifully like this:


Next I'm hoping to take an etching class at Spudnik Press that starts at the end of April!



No comments: