Monday, July 16, 2012

SFMOMA

We got back from our trip to California a week ago and I'm finally getting caught up! I have tons of posts coming up but I wanted to start with some photos from our trip to SFMOMA. We saw a huge retrospective of Mexican Photography that was really interesting, I loved some of the more contemporary images. I didn't take any photos in that show so the following are faves that were fun to see in person.
This was a piece in entryway, the view as you were looking up.

This is the same piece but viewed from a mezzanine. There was actually a projection of two boxers on the hanging lights.

Barry McGee

Margaret Kilgallen

Matt enjoying some coffee on the gorgeous rooftop terrace

Rooftop terrace

Anselm Kiefer
This last images reminded me that there was a documentary made about Kiefer called Over Your Cities Grass Will Grow. Here is the trailer, I'm hoping it makes it to Netflix soon!



No comments: