Monday, August 27, 2012

the power of a thank you

I'm a firm believer in the importance of gratitude and saying "Thank You" when someone does something nice for you. Writing thank you notes after Christmas and birthdays wasn't always my favorite thing when I was little but I'm happy my parents taught me what a good habit this is.

Last week, many of the seniors at Marwen had their last day and are officially off to college. I received a thank you note from a student who I met when she was in 7th grade and had started taking classes at Marwen. I had to scan it in and share it here because there are few things more gratifying as a teacher than a genuine thank you from a student. Granted, this student is exceptional, she's had this wonderful attitude since I first met her so many years ago. This really made my day!



No comments: