Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inspiring words from Coach Lyons



On the last day of one of Marwen's summer programs, called Art at Work, my colleague and the teaching artist for the program put these words from Joseph Campbell on the board to share with his students, many of whom were on their way to college. As a teacher, I come across words of wisdom fairly often but this resonated with me so I thought I'd share it here.
In case you can't read the photo, here's what it says:
  1. Have more questions than answers
  2. The most important questions are "What if?" and "Why not?"
  3. Learn not by speaking but by listening and trying
  4. Enjoy the process as much as the act of finishing
  5. You are more than what you make for a living/You are more than what you do for a living
  6. Use your talents for good
  7. Embrace challenge
Joseph Campbell- The Power of Myth

No comments: